Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Question: automatic downloads
Options
moharleydude2  
Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:45:29 PM(UTC)

As a new user of your software, I'm impressed with the ease of the automatic uploading feature. I'm just beginning to find my way around, but haven't seen a simple way to automate downloading from a specific location on an ftp site to a specific file on my computer. Am I missing something?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:36:13 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The simplest way to download the same file repeatedly is to use Auto FTP Manager's Record feature. First create a Quick Connect Profile for the FTP server and open it in the Quick Connect File Manager. Then, click the Record button (the green circle) that is between the two windows of the File Manager. Navigate to the correct folder on both your own PC and the FTP server, and simply drag the file from the server to your computer. After the transfer is complete, stop recording by clicking the Stop button (the flashing red circle that replaced the green one). You'll be prompted to name your new profile.

The new profile now appears in the list of Automated Transfer Profiles. If you'd like this transfer to be repeated regularly (or just to schedule it to happen at a particular time), right-click on the new profile and choose "Schedule Profile ...".

Instructions for scheduling a profile are here.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.