Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Screen resolution for DVD distribution
Options
bmeyers  
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2004 6:16:46 PM(UTC)

I'm having a problem with fuzzy screens when I publish my recordings to DVD. Especially with fonts.

What's the best screen resolution to use when the end product will be a DVD? Any other suggestions?

Thanks...
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, April 9, 2004 11:42:57 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
A typical computer display resolution is 1024x768 pixels. While a standard DVD NTSC has 720x480 pixel resolution.

Therefore, when a 1024x768 pixels screen recording is converted to DVD format, the video is resized to 720x480 pixels causing loss in font quality.

The best solution here is to record in 720x480 pixels using My Screen Recorder's region capture capability.

Another solution is to record in full desktop mode at a resolution of 1024x768 pixels and then use the conversion wizard available in My Screen Recorder Pro. You can use the conversion wizard to adjust the video resolution to 720 x 480 pixels. Since a change in aspect ratio is involved when you convert your screen recording, you must also change the Resize Type to preserve the aspect ratio. In the Output Video Properties screen of the Conversion Wizard, click Resize Type and select the option Preserve aspect ratio.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.