Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Using correct Decoders to edit MPEG2 files
Options
ultra_V  
Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:22:48 PM(UTC)

I need help. I know in an earlier message they were explaining what codecs to use and everthing, but I did not quite catch on. My help is I need to be able to add MPEG files to
"Video Edit Magic" "TIMELINE" Without having to convert it to AVI. I know I need a MPEG CODEC or DECODER. Could you please tell me what EXACTLY I need.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2004 11:24:29 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
If you want to edit MPEG 1 files then no decoder is required. If Video Edit Magic prompts you to convert the MPEG file then it is a MPEG 2 format.

Try opening this file in Windows Media Player. If you are able to playback the file without any problems then you have the proper decoder installed on your PC. In this case, simply click `Cancel' when Video Edit Magic prompts you to convert the file to add the file to the timeline without converting it first.

If Windows Media Player does not correctly playback the file then you must install a good MPEG decoder. Editing an MPEG 2 file largely depends on the MPEG decoder's capability.

You can download a free MPEG 2 decoder from the following link:
https://www.deskshare.com/download/mpeg2decoder.exe

ultra_V  
Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2004 2:34:19 PM(UTC)

The one file I open up with "Video Edit Magic" ( MPEG - 2 ) has "Video Info" , but is 00 seconds long. It's the only file so far so I am not sure what is wrong.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2004 10:48:45 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Are you able to playback the file correctly (audio and video) in Windows Media Player?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.