Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
VOB conversion: file size and file format
Options
racs  
Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2008 5:29:06 PM(UTC)

I am brand new to video conversion and editing. I have some VOB files on a DVD. Can I convert them to a format that will allow me to put them on a CD and play them using Windows Media player?

If I convert them to a format such as MPEG, will I realize a reduction in files size? What % reduction can I expect?

What DeskShare products will I need to achieve the above?

Thank you
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2008 1:36:07 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Yes, Digital Media Converter can convert VOB files into other file formats. First, copy the VOB files to your hard disk, then add the copies to the conversion list and select a new file format. If you are interested in smaller files that will play in the Windows Media Player, we recommend Windows Media Video (WMV) format, which gives very good file compression with excellent quality. The exact reduction in file size depends on the original file and which profile for WMV creation you choose, but 80% reductions are common.

As an alternative, Digital Media Converter Pro version 2 can rip the DVD directly into video files, without your needing to copy VOB files first. Using this method lets you select chapters from the DVD, and can, if you choose, include subtitles and let you select an audio track (different languages, or the director's commentary).
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.