Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Automatic Update Not Working in Version 2.78.
Options
Bunyip  
Posted : Friday, July 4, 2008 8:45:16 PM(UTC)

When I use the "Check for product update" option from the "Help" drop-down menu a dialog box opens with the following message.

"Digital Media Converter 2.79 is available for download. You are currently using version 2.78. Do you want to download & install the new version now?"

However, when I click on the "Yes" button to download/install the new version, a message box appears on my screen saying:

"Digital Media Converter has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

The message box fails to provide any information as to what the problem is & upon closing the message box, absolutely nothing happens. The new update simply fails to download/install.

I have tried downloading/installing the new update several times & I still receive the same message every time with the same result - nothing happens!

Any assistance you could give to solve this problem would be appreciated.

Regards.

David.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 1:28:26 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
There was a problem with the "Check for Upgrade" function in version 2.78. This problem is fixed in version 2.79.

To upgrade to version 2.79, you will need to download the latest version.

The new version will automatically recognize your existing serial number. You will not need to re-enter your registration information.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.