Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Audio playback in Preview window choppy
Options
rolandx  
Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2008 5:21:56 PM(UTC)

Hi folks, I just bought a license for Video Edit Magic, great product with a lot of neat features.

I seem to be having a problem with my audio files. I am replacing audio tracks in music videos, so I add a MPEG to the video track, remove its audio track, and add my MP3 file to the Audio1 track. If I play the replacement audio track from the Collections window, it plays fine. But if I play from the preview window, even by itself without a video track, it is very choppy.

I tried this on a spare computer and it works fine, but I can't get it to work on my main computer.

Any suggestions?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, August 4, 2008 1:15:23 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Upgrading Windows components may solve the problem. All Windows upgrades are free from Microsoft.

Upgrade your Windows DirectX to DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime.

https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

If you already have the latest DirectX, I highly recommend you reinstall.

After installing, reboot the computer and see whether the problem is solved.
rolandx  
Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 10:40:45 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the reply. I resolved the problem by unchecking the "AC3 Prologic Decoder" from the compatibility list.

But I have another question: As I mentioned, I am using the product to replace audio tracks on music videos. However, I am noticing that the audio quality of the resulting movie is not near the quality of the audio source track, even though I am using the 320kbps option. I've tried MPEG1, MPEG2 and AVI output formats under both 44khz and 48khz audio frequency, and in all cases, the high frequencies are not near as sharp as the original. Is there something I can do to improve the audio quality of the resulting movie?

Thanks in advance!
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:28:46 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Thank you for telling us the solution you found. That should be helpful to other Video Edit Magic users.

When creating an AVI file, please try using Uncompressed audio. The audio should be substantially identical to the original file.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.