Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
My VOB file gets partially converted
Options
meytcheson  
Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 10:13:29 AM(UTC)

Hi,
I recently purchased Digital Media Converter 2.7, and am attempting to convert a VOB file to WMV format. The DVD is approx. 27minutes long. However, after the conversion process completes, only the first 15minutes of the DVD is converted. Why isn't the entire DVD getting converted? I'm a novice, maybe I'm missing something very simple?
thanks,
Mark
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 2:06:08 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
A DVD usually contains more than one VOB file. A typical VOB file contains about 15 minutes of audio and video. It sounds as if you are converting only one of the VOB files. Please copy the remaining VOB files from your DVD to your hard disk and convert all of them.

Another option is to use Digital Media Converter Pro. If you have the DVD, you can rip titles and chapters or the entire DVD directly to any format, without worrying about individual VOB files.

You can download and test using the trial version of Digital Media Converter Pro: https://www.deskshare.com/download_details.aspx?ID=30.
meytcheson  
Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:14:21 AM(UTC)

Hi, i've loaded all three VOB files from the DVD into Digital Media Converter 2.7 and attempted to convert to WMV:
#1 VOB - 1,048,544 KB
#2 VOB - 892,00 KB
#3 VOB - 40KB

#1 converts without issue and is about 15 minutes in length, #2 converts but is only about 7 seconds long, and #3 will not convert because Digital Media Converter informs me it is less than 1 second in length. The length of these video segments are all within Windows Media Player. When I attempt to play them with InterVideo WinDVD (Toshiba laptop), #2 actually plays for the correct amount of time (appox 12 minutes). Why won't the videos play for the correct amount of time in Windows Media Player?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.