Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
MPEG2 decoder download
Options
alpaje  
Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2004 10:23:09 PM(UTC)

I am using a trial version of video magic ver 3.36. I have this problem of converting the file from mpeg 2 to avi format. The converted file only contain about a fraction of what my original mpeg 2 file has (eg. a 50 mins of mpeg 2 movies only converted into a 3 mins of avi file), may I know what went wrong?

I was using pinnacle product, studio 8 previously. But found it to be too complicated to use, that's why I am trying out your product. I believe I am using a mpeg 2 decoder provided by pinnacle, I have seen you advise users to download a mpeg 2 decoder from Elecard. I wonder will this decoder help?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2004 11:13:04 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Video Edit Magic converts MPEG 2 file to AVI because editing MPEG 2 files require heavy processing. If you have a fast PC then you can try adding the MPEG 2 file directly to the timeline by selecting 'No' when prompted for conversion.

If you are not able to edit or make movie out of the MPEG 2 file then installing the following decoder should fix the problem.

You can download a free MPEG 2 decoder from the following link:
https://www.deskshare.com/download/mpeg2decoder.exe
nobody88  
Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2004 4:09:07 AM(UTC)

Hi ,

I am new to video editing. I just download a trial version of video Edit magic and try editing using a file created by Intervideo home theatre which I believe is a mpeg-2 file. When I import the file for editing, likewise they prompt me for conversion and I press "ok". The converted file (.avi) only show audio and no video output.
I try to view the file (original) using window media and Intervideo DVD it is OK.
Plse help anyone? Thanks.

Regards.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, October 11, 2004 11:50:34 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The problem you have where you only hear the audio and cannot see the video has to do with your Intervideo player. This is a known problem with Intervideo's MPEG 2 decoder. It is not decoding the MPEG 2 streams correctly.

The solution is to use the Compatibility feature to disable the Intervideo decoder while you are using Video Edit Magic. To learn more about trouble shooting compatibility problems and how to disable incompatible filters, you may find our article on Trouble shooting compatibility problems useful:

https://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/vem_troubleshooting_compatibility.aspx
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.