Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Remote monitoring, viewing, and recording
Options
phxjulez  
Posted : Monday, September 21, 2009 8:04:58 AM(UTC)

I am interested in recording four different IP cameras to an external hard drive connected to a remote computer. All four of these cameras are different makes/models, however all four are listed on the supported cameras page for Security Monitor Pro 3.2. These four IP security cams are at my place of business at which i do not have a computer. These cams are connected to a network switch which is connected to a router. The router is connected to a DSL modem. I am currently able to watch all four cams from my home computer (remote computer) via my web browser simultaneously or individually. My question is, if this software is installed on my home computer, will it allow me to record all four cameras simultaneously to an external hard drive connected to my home computer? If it will work, will I also have the ability to view the cams as they record?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:41:05 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Security Monitor Pro, can record your 4 cameras from a remote location. We have published an article that you may find helpful:
https://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/smp_MultiplePCs_Backup.aspx

You can preview the cameras, record them to your external hard drive, and also broadcast their video feeds all simultaneously.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.