Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Can I post my screen recording on my website?
Options
SafeSleeway  
Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 6:19:16 AM(UTC)

I am using My Screen Recorder to produce small instructional videos. I would like to place the videos on my website, buy my designer is asking me for an "embed code". How do I get an embed code?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 3:50:38 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
My Screen Recorder Pro can convert your screen recordings to a Flash Video format and generate the HTML code or 'embed code' to play on your website.

If you have already purchased My Screen Recorder you can get a discounted upgrade to the Pro version, contact us with your order number for the upgrade instructions.
nonprofitCoder  
Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2010 11:43:06 AM(UTC)

Hello,

I have the Pro version and have converted the video to flash. It will play when I open the HTML file from the file system (I'm using windows XP). However, when I put the files on the webserver (the three .swf, .flv, and .html files), the video doesn't play. It seems like the flash player loads, but then says "Video not Found: myFileName.flv". I've confirmed that the file name stated is in the same directory as the other files.

Do I need to modify the HTML that is created to be fully qualified URLs pointing to the files?

Thanks!
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:56:15 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The three files are all that is needed to play the video on your website.

You can try adding the full URL to your HTML code, but if this does not work it is because you are hosting your site on a web servers can not handle Flash video files. In this case, you can use Video Desk to host your screen recording. Video Desk will generate the embed codes to place on your website and it should work without any issues.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.