Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Quickly switching camera views
Options
eljainc  
Posted : Monday, October 11, 2004 6:22:11 PM(UTC)

Hello,

I am new to WebCam Monitor and downloaded version 3.3 of the software to evaluate. I would like to monitor video from several cameras. Is there a way to manually switch camera views (using one button to quickly navigate) ?

Also, how does one set up to monitor a camera for 30 seconds, then switch to camera #2 and monitor for 30 seconds, then back to 1, etc. etc. When I set up cycling and set 30 seconds for each camera, it always remains on the first camera.

Thanks.

Mike
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2004 11:20:59 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You can switch between cameras by clicking on Switch to Next Device in Device cycle in the Monitor Menu. You can also use the shortcut ALT+M+N for convenience.

The Cycle through Multiple Devices schedule type does exactly what you want. If you add two cameras to the schedule, each running for 30 seconds then WebCam Monitor will switch between them in a cycle.
Please make sure that you add two different cameras to the cycle.

mat  
Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:37:58 AM(UTC)

Hi

I've got the same problem. I've set up a schedule of two cameras (same model Logitech) but I cannot switch - either via the menu, the alt-t,s and the app when the scheduler is running does not switch either. The device cycle shows two cameras, with different "select camera" names.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, April 22, 2005 11:50:22 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

First, make sure that you click "Schedule Devices" under Quick Settings, select "Cycle through Multiple Devices", click Setup and add both your cameras to the list.

When Alerts are running then the schedule will not switch the camera. In this case, you cannot switch the camera manually too. Configure the Alerts in such a way that they complete within the time you assign to cycle from one camera to the next.

For example, if you set the "duration" of one camera to 1 minute then set the recording duration of the Audio/Video Recording Alert to less than 1 minute. You do not have worry that you will not get 1 minute of recording. When WebCam Monitor detects motion or noise again then you will get another 1 minute of recording.
mat  
Posted : Friday, April 22, 2005 10:08:25 PM(UTC)

I'm trying to set up two cameras to take snaps (not video ... although I will want to in the future) - either periodically, or on motion detection. The devices in the schedule are scheduled with a duration of 2:30 each (min:sec) although I have tried the default of 30 sec.

I have set up both motion detection options, and to alert periodically every 10 seconds and 5 minutes ... neither allow the camera to switch by the look of it.

The Tools-]'Switch to next device in cycle' is greyed out.

The selected cameras in the 'device cyle' list are as follows:
Logitech Quickcam Express
Logitech Quickcam Express (2)

I am able to start both cameras separately.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, April 25, 2005 12:16:26 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

When scheduling multiple cameras make sure that "Cycle through Multiple Devices" option is selected under the Device Scheduler setting.

For an in-depth understanding of using multiple devices with WebCam Monitor, please refer to the following article:
https://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/wcm_UsingMultipleCameras_MonitorEffectively.aspx
mat  
Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2005 2:57:14 AM(UTC)

Hi

The option to "click on Refresh Device list on the Monitor menu" mentioned in step 1 is greyed out.
The "cycle through multiple devices" is selected.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2005 11:43:52 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

To use the device cycle schedule, you should let the schedule start the devices and monitoring. If you manually start monitoring by clicking the 'Start Monitor with Alerts' button below the Preview window, then the schedule will not start.

To specify the start time of the schedule:
1. Point to the Tools menu and click Options.
2. Select the Device Scheduler tab.
3. Check the "Enable Device Scheduler" option.
3. Specify the Start Time in 24 hours format.

To configure Cycle through Multiple Devices:
1. Select the 'Cycle through Multiple Devices' option.
2. Click Setup.
3. Click Add.
4. Select a device pair and click Add.
5. After adding all device pairs you want, click Close.
6. Click OK.

Now leave WebCam Monitor running. You may also stop the preview. At the time specified in Start Time, WebCam Monitor will start the first device specified in the Cycle through Multiple Devices list and start monitoring. Now you will be able to switch the cameras manually.
mat  
Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2005 7:43:09 AM(UTC)

ahh .. that's it. I was using "start monitoring". Thanks for your help.

The menu options are no longer greyed out when the schedule is active.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.