Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Using notebook's low power mode during motion detection & recording
Options
gbguy  
Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:46:06 PM(UTC)

I am using Security Monitor Pro on a Windows 7 laptop. I would like to use the Window's Power Option setting to turn off the hard drive, but still use Motion Detection alerts. I don't want the hard drive running 100% of the time, as I only expect a few detections per day.

Is there a solution such as having the camera feed buffered to computer memory be a solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2010 2:56:54 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You can change the recording location in Security Monitor Pro.

Security Monitor Pro is always buffering video from your cameras, so using power saving modes is not recommended. Computer memory or a RAM drive is not a good option since data can easily be lost, but a USB thumb drive can be a safe storage location while minimizing use of your hard drive and extending your battery time.

First, change the temporary working folder by clicking Tools >> Application Settings >> Advanced. Change the temporary working folder to a temp folder on your USB drive. If you would also like to save the recordings on the USB drive, make sure you have enough storage space and click Tools >> Application Settings >> General. Change the storage location for videos, photos, and log files to a folder on your USB drive.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.