Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Does AutoFTP Manager need to be running for a schedule to run?
Options
JayMcC28  
Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 5:31:40 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I want to use AutoFTP Manager to move files from a client's PC to an FTP site in the middle of the night. Do I need to have the Auto FTP Manager interface running in order for a scheduled task to run? Or, if I use the "Login To Windows" option will that help me?

-Jay
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 6:26:06 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The scheduled profiles in Auto FTP Manager can run as a service.

Auto FTP Manager does not need to be running at the time you have have scheduled for your file transfer. If you check the box 'Log in to Windows when required to run schedule' then Auto FTP Manager scheduled profile will execute even if you are not logged in to Windows. This is useful if your PC restarts in the middle of the night for a Windows update or if there is a power loss and no one has logged in yet.
bmcgowan  
Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:19:54 PM(UTC)

Is there a way to use a AD Domain service account for this functionality? I can use the local admin account but the domain account doesn't work for me.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:31:45 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Auto FTP Manager will work with both a local account and a active directory domain account.

The domain account will need the privilege to 'log on a service' on the local PC and must have access to the files and folders that you are transferring.

Log in to your PC with the domain account, start Auto FTP Manager and then create your scheduled task in Auto FTP Manager.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.