Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Need help configuring supported camera Sanyo VCC-HD2500
Options
straydog  
Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:27:15 AM(UTC)

I have a Sanyo VCC-HD2500 which is supported by Security Monitor Pro. But when I select it and test the camera I get an error saying that the stream is not supported.

I have tried both the formats supported by the camera. Any suggestions on other things to try?

Thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:48:07 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The Sanyo is supported in Security Monitor Pro. There are few things to check if you are having trouble connecting to it.

Since the VCC-HD2500 has multiple streams, make sure the first stream is configured as MJPEG. Now, make sure you have entered the correct IP address and port number for the camera. Next, if you have authentication set up, the password cannot be blank. Create a password for the account you are using for authentication.

If you are still having a problem, try temporarily disabling any firewall you have installed, including the Windows Firewall to make sure it is not blocking the connection.

When you now click on the Test Camera button, you should get a successful response.
George5120  
Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:36:17 PM(UTC)

straydog wrote:
I have a Sanyo VCC-HD2500 which is supported by Security Monitor Pro. But when I select it and test the camera I get an error saying that the stream is not supported.

I have tried both the formats supported by the camera. Any suggestions on other things to try?

Thanks

I own a similar model of Sanyo's. It is the VCC-HD2300. You have to install Microsoft's NET Framework, and you have to install Sanyo's own plug-in for video. And if anything goes wrong, over time, then your first remedy is to re-install both again. They can get clobbered by other applications.

Be certain you have the latest Sanyo firmware installed on your Sanyo IP camera. In my model of Sanyo camera, the firmware update did correct some bugs. Unfortunately, however, the Sanyo firmware installer only works with versions 6 or 7 of Internet Explorer. That means you will be inconvenienced, if you are using IE 9 that comes with Windows 7. In a worst-case scenario, you would have to send your camera to Sanyo to let Sanyo update your firmware for free.

Much of this is undocumented by Sanyo. I learned it, via email exchanges with a Sanyo employee.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.