Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Computer crashed - can I recover my recorded files?
Options
drtonydc  
Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:17:11 PM(UTC)

I bought My Screen Recorder a few days ago and it worked fine and without incident. Last night my computer froze. After restarting and trying to open My Screen Recorder, I received an error message that reads "The application settings file failed to open. Please restart your PC or reinstall this program."

I tried a restart a few times without success. Whenever I attempt to open the program I receive the same error message. I am awaiting the CD in the mail any day (I purchased the download online), but would like to save the videos I've already recorded, since I have put several hours work into this. Unfortunately, I have not backed up any of it, since I usually only back up once a week. Is there any way to 1) open the program 2) recover the many hours of video already recorded? thanks!
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 7:15:55 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Your videos are saved in My Documents\My Recordings. You can make a copy or backup of your videos if they are important.

To fix the error, I suggest uninstalling My Screen Recorder using the Windows Control Panel.

Then download the latest version and install. You can download the program here:
https://www.deskshare.com/download_details.aspx?id=13
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.