Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Viewing from multiple in house LAN computers without internet.
Options
Woodsman  
Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 7:06:27 AM(UTC)

I have multiple windows 7 computers throughout the house and would like to view cameras from within my private LAN without going out on the internet and back through my ISP.

I have external internet access working but it would save my metered monthly internet bandwidth if I could view the cameras from more than just the SMP host computer from within my 192.168.x.x lan without going out to the internet and back when I am at home.

I could start the manufacturers software to view a particular camera but I would prefer to be able to run just one software, Security Monitor Pro.

Is there a tool or setup procedure needed to view cameras through SMP from various "in house" computers on a 192.168.x.x internal lan?

Thank you
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 2:17:47 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
When you enable broadcasting, Security Monitor Pro will broadcast on the local 192.168.x.x IP address. The address along with the port number is listed in the log window at the bottom of the screen when you begin broadcasting. Use the internal link on your local network and there will be no external bandwidth usage.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.