Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Superimposing two videos
Options
Mark Troha  
Posted : Monday, January 17, 2005 9:09:20 AM(UTC)

I saw a Video demo of a person on a webpage. There was no background, nor any use of windows media player. I could just see the person talking and moving with a white background on the webpage. And there was no text on the page.

Can Video Edit Magic remove the background from the video to display on my webpage, with just the person visible?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, January 17, 2005 12:11:16 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The technique used to create the effect you specified is called as Color Keying. Video Edit Magic supports the following types of color keying.

1. Chroma Key Color
2. Luminance Key
3. Hue Key
4. Non-Red Key

To achieve the superimposed effect, you require two videos. The first video with the person against a colored background (usually Blue) and the other of the desired background. Add the video with background to Video 1 and the one with the person to Video 2. Insert the Key Transparency transition and make the blue color transparent.

If you already have an existing video and want to remove its background then you have to determine the property of the background that you can make transparent with the Transparency transition. For example, if the background is made up of shades of black then you can effectively use the Non-Red Key to mask the entire background.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.