Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Blocks flashing randomly when viewing DVD file
Options
robtom31  
Posted : Monday, February 7, 2005 11:29:06 AM(UTC)

Hello. I am new to this software and am trying to converta MOV file (PAL format as disk is made in France) and want to convert it to show in DVD format. Everything is fine with the exception of artifacts (white blocks flashing randomly) when viewing in media player.

Any suggestions? Thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2005 12:10:17 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
When viewing the DVD file on your PC in Windows Media Player a DVD (MPEG 2) Decoder is required. You may have downloaded the trial version of the Elecard MPEG 2 Decoder. This will display flashing random blocks while viewing on your PC.

The problem will not occur if you burn the file on a DVD and play on a DVD player. If you plan on viewing the files on your PC then you can convert to another format such as AVI or WMV. These formats don't require a third-party decoder.
robtom31  
Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2005 12:20:27 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to burn the file to DVD and play on my DVD player. The original MOV files are fine....after I convert them to DVD...I get the artifacts...and these mpg files have the problem...so before the burn..the artifacts are there. Thanks Tom
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2005 12:30:11 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
This will not be a problem when you burn to DVD and view it on a DVD player. Unlike a computer, a DVD player does not require an MPEG 2.

You see the flashing blocks on your PC because you are using the *trial* version of Elecard MPEG 2 decoder. The blocks are not actually a part of the MPEG 2 video. It is added by the Elecard decoder.
robtom31  
Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2005 10:27:09 AM(UTC)

Thanks again for the advice. I checked each item, including software and found the issue was in the burning software...not the conversion program. I apologize for taking up your time, however, the issue is gone. Thanks...and have a great day!

Tom
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.