Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Listen to audio from Y-Cam Bullet HD1080 v2 IP camera
Options
Dewcal  
Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 3:13:15 AM(UTC)

As a relative newcomer to IP surveillance, I have been trying the "IP Camera Viewer" package before purchasing Security Monitor Pro.

I am using a Y-Cam Bullet HD1080 version2 and cannot see this listed on any of the support pages. I have been able to get a picture by using a Y-Cam HD 720 setting but this does not give any sound.

Can you kindly advise how I may be able to hear what is going on? Do I need to wait until a new profile is generated for my camera? If I need to wait for a profile, can you give a time scale for this to happen?

I know that sound can be heard via the Y-Cam browser app that came with the camera, but I wish to get another powerful software to use.

Thanks for any help.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:27:39 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The Y-Cam Bullet HD1080 profile should work with your camera.

You can select it and make sure to enter the correct port for RTSP. The RTSP stream carries the audio. If the existing camera profile does not work, please fill out the camera request form. It normally takes a few days for the developers to add a profile, and it will be available in the next release of Security Monitor Pro. Releases occur every few weeks.
Dewcal  
Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:15:01 PM(UTC)

Thanks for reply. You should have received an email from me where I give you the access code to the camera.

The HD1080 profile you suggest did not connect to the camera, but the HD720 worked.

Look forward to having a working profile.

many thanks.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.