Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Setting up a baby monitor system with my webcam
Options
Julian  
Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 7:33:20 PM(UTC)

Hi...
I just had a baby and I have Logitech webcam on my desktop computer. I was thinking about possibly using the webcam as a baby monitor. Basically I want to put this camera on the baby's crib then be able to view it from other computers in house. Any easy way to do this using WebCam Monitor?
Thanks in advance!
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 12:38:38 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You can use WebCam Monitor to set up very efficient baby monitor system.

Connect your webcam to your computer and place it viewing the baby's crib. After that add your webcam in WebCam Monitor.

To view the camera from other computers in the house, start the broadcasting by right clicking on camera preview and selecting 'Start Broadcasting' option.

In the event log you will get the IP address and port number needed to view the live video. Use these IP address and port number on other computers to view live actions.

UserPostedImage

To configure broadcast settings, right click on camera preview and select Edit Camera >> Broadcast.

UserPostedImage

You can also view the broadcast from WebCam Monitor on your iOS or Android phones and tablets. On a iOS device use the free app 'Streamer', on a Android device, any media player that support mms streams will work. VPlayer is one free app you can try.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.