Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Uploading photos captured from webcam to FTP
Options
lavandil  
Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:50:34 PM(UTC)

I want to capture photos from my USB camera and upload those to an FTP server. Can you tell me how do I setup WebCam Monitor for this purpose?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 12:56:25 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You can capture and upload photos to FTP folder with WebCam Monitor. Using the FTP upload you can transfer video recordings and photos to a server and easily access them from a remote location, and share them with others.

To configure the FTP upload, connect USB camera to your PC and open WebCam Monitor. Click on the Add Webcam icon on the toolbar. Your webcam will be listed in the camera model drop down and you should see the camera preview.

Go to the Actions tab, choose either the motion detection or regular interval monitoring action. Next, select the Take Photo and Upload Media Files actions. Enter the FTP details required to connect to the FTP server such as FTP IP address, username and password.

UserPostedImage

After saving the FTP details, you will see the FTP upload settings. Click the Browse button to select the folder on the FTP server to upload captured photos.

UserPostedImage

Click the Monitor icon on the toolbar to start monitoring. Once monitoring is started, photos will be captured and uploaded to the FTP folder.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.