Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Settings for DVR-MS conversion
Options
ScottOrwig  
Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2005 11:24:19 PM(UTC)

I was able to set up my system so that Digital Media Converter could convert DVR-MS files, but two things are preventing me from getting acceptable quality conversions:

1) I can't find an option to do two-pass (VBR) encoding. Using a constant bit rate, the quality varies according to the scene, which means the video is extremely blocky whenever there is any significant motion. I would be happy with VBR in either WMV or MPEG 4 formats.

2) I can't seem to actually adjust any of the settings for XviD or DivX encoding. This one is particularly frustrating since the settings do appear under Settings:Properties, but the Keyframe and Quality sliders are locked.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, July 11, 2005 10:55:36 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Constant bit-rates will keep the bit-rate constant even when the motion in a video varies. Even Variable bit-rate encoding will peak when motion content in a video is high.

This type of problem occurs on a slower machine. Try playing the same video on a faster PC and see if you still experience blocky videos.

Digital Media Converter does not expose the internal codec properties of XviD or DivX.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.