Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Noise detection only
Options
TARGET  
Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2005 3:15:00 AM(UTC)

I need to create a court worthy case proving my neighbor is waking me with sharp sounds during early am hours. the sound only lasts a split second and he usually does it 2 or 3 times a night. He has a tape recording of a variety of sounds; horn, beep, chirp or crashing metal broadcast through a mic or amplifier device. the recorder is triggered by an electrical timer which is set randomly to eliminate a reliable pattern of detection.

i have an external color camera and mic outside my window. they are both directly connected to a usb 2.0 win xp converter / adapter which is connected to my computer's usb port. the audio is labeled by the adapter as a usb emp audio device, however my computer recognizes it as a sound max digital audio device. as a result audio is detected in my room but not outside where the mic is located.

how can i set web cam monitor to start at 12:00 am to 6:00 am and capture this sound when it occurrs? need date and time stamp. I would probably require streaming rather than noise detection because the sound will activate the device, but will not record the sound, so it will be lost.

Can anyone help, I will be grateful for a nights sleep?

Target
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, December 12, 2005 5:12:47 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
First, make sure that you are using the latest version of WebCam Monitor. To download the latest version, visit:
https://www.deskshare.com/wcm.aspx

To detect only noise, you must disable motion detection. To do so, point to the Tools menu and click Options. Click the Monitoring tab and under Motion Detection, uncheck the "Enable Motion Detection" option.

By default, WebCam Monitor selects the first audio device for noise detection. You can change the devices from the drop-downs placed above the preview window. The Add Camera Wizard from the File menu can also be used for changing audio and video devices.

Although the noise will trigger Video/Audio Recording but it will not record the sound itself. We are working on a pre-buffered recording scheme that will enable WebCam Monitor to record video and audio data that ocurred before the trigger.

To monitor the camera remotely at a scheduled time, simply click "Start Streaming" from the toolbar. Then using the Device Scheduler, set WebCam Monitor to start at 12:00 a.m. and stop at 6:00 a.m. When the devices start, streaming will automatically start transmitting video/audio streams. Next you can go to your remote PC and view the video/audio stream by typing in the URL given to you by WebCam Monitor.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.