Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Using Chroma Effect to add images with text
Options
troyk  
Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2006 10:37:23 AM(UTC)

Hello.. I'm trying to use the chroma filter to add text in several areas throughout an avi file.

Video 1: main video
Video 2: a .bmp file of the same dimensions (green with black text)

The transition is set to chroma key with the same green selected - I've also tried inverting the selection and swapping out video 1 and 2.

When I preview the movie, it appears with no text... any suggestions? What am I doing wrong here?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, March 3, 2006 5:48:40 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Make sure that you are using the latest version of Video Edit Magic. To download the newest version, visit:
https://www.deskshare.com/vem.aspx

First, make sure that the Transition track is not hidden. Towards the left of the timeline alonside the Transition track, you should see an "eye" icon. If this icon is not visible then click it once to display the transition. You should also make sure that both Video 1 and Video 2 tracks are also not hidden.

Next, reduce the Similarity value from the Chroma Transition's Setting dialog. Higher similarity values will render a higher range of color as transparent. This may be affecting the green colored text on your image.
troyk  
Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 2:38:56 AM(UTC)

Hello.. The new version fixed the locking up issues, but I still can't get the text to overlay properly. When I swap the video in the transition settings, I can see the video playing through the text, but can't see the text on the video when I "unswap" them.

The .bmp with the text is green and the similarity is down to 0. Any suggestions?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 4:42:17 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Since you are able to see the video through the text, it seems like you have selected the color of the text to render as transparent. Change this color to black (color of the text's background) so that the Chroma Transition renders the black color as transparent.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.