Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
How to make AVI conversion's quality as sharp as DVR-MS
Options
Sam_Bo  
Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2006 3:12:04 PM(UTC)

In comparison, the converted AVI version is more pixelated, even though the best quality settings are used. I used Cinepak video compression, retained the original video dimensions and frame rate. Will converting DVR-MS to AVI always produce a lower quality result?

How can I retain the EXACT same quality?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2006 6:35:15 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Cinepak video compressor is an old codec. You will find it installed on most computers. This is beneficial if you want to distribute your videos.

For good quality AVI conversions, you must use a new AVI codec like the XVID codec, available from the URL:
https://www.download.com/XviD-Media-Codec/3000-2140_4-10502230.html?tag=lst-0-2

After installing the codec, select the XVID codec from the AVI Properties dialog.
Sam_Bo  
Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:13:31 PM(UTC)

I have now installed the XVID codec on my computer. By the "AVI Properties dialog", do you mean the properties tab from the "Settings" window? If so, the XVID codec is not found on the drop-down menu of video compressors.

Is there something else I need to do before using this codec? Something I missed?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, April 21, 2006 5:13:18 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
There seems to be a problem with the Download.com link. We are sorry.

You can download the XVID codec from:
https://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Before installing, please un-install the already installed XVID codec from "Add/Remove Programs". You will now be able to see the codec under the AVI Properties dialog under the Settings window.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.