Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Converting files for streaming audio
Options
Ane Ulmar  
Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2006 8:42:41 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Our church wants to put our sermons online (audio only) using streaming media. I was able to convert the cassette sermon to digital, but the filesize is huge (4 meg) and it doesn't automatically start playing. Will Digital Media Converter allow me to compress my audio file and also stream it?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2006 6:54:58 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
For the purpose of streaming, you must convert audio files to the Windows Media streaming format (WMA). The file size of the file depends on the type of profile you select when converting to Windows Media. Profiles with lower bit rates will produce smaller files.

Click on Tools] Settings ] General Settings. Select "WMV - For Windows Media Server (Streaming)" from the "Convert to Format" dropdown. Then select the "Properties" tab. From "Audio Profiles", select a profile with the least bit-rate. Since sermons are usually voice content, you can select "Voice quality audio (CBR)". For audio files, Digital Media Converter will ignore the Video Profiles selection.

You can read the following article that explains streaming media format in details:
https://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/vc_StreamingMediaFormats.aspx
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.