Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Noise from speakers
Options
fourcandles  
Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2005 8:58:36 AM(UTC)

When I key 'Start Preview' a noise comes from the computer speakers. I can't see why this noise needs to occur, and can't find out how to suppress it without turning off the sound which I don't want to do while I am learning how to use the system.

I am going to the States for a month. Can anyone set me off in the right direction for monitoring the security of my home from there, please? I will be taking a lap-top with wireless card, and an Orange mobile.

Many thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2005 9:50:45 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The noise occurs when you place the microphone next to the speakers. This is usually the case with a laptop. You can try muting the audio from Volume control. You will still be able to record audio from the microphone.

We recommend the following settings:
1. Use Video/Audio Recording and Take Snap Alerts.
2. Configure upload so that WebCam Monitor can automatically upload files generated by alerts to an FTP folder.

You can log into your FTP account and view the uploaded files when required.

If the possibility of detecting motion or noise is low, you can configure WebCam Monitor to run alerts periodically.

If the volume of files you are expecting to receive is low, you can also use the E-mail Notification Alert to e-mail you a snap.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.