Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Increasing the frames per second (FPS) from my distant wireless cameras
Options
bondalavin  
Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:23:16 AM(UTC)

Just purchased an 8 camera license. Wow, am I impressed! This software is fabulous. The best feature, which I think you should tout and I only learned about after the fact, is its buffer process to includes a few seconds of recording BEFORE a triggered event.

I hope you will answer one question: One or more of my wireless Lexus 543 cameras are 150 feet away from the router and the FPS rate suffers. I realize it's not software controlled, but are there other settings I can "reduce" to increase the FPS for distant cameras so I don't miss triggering events (such as a car going completely by and the low FPS barely capture it)?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 9:13:00 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Thank you for the kind words about Security Monitor Pro.

There are a few things you can do to increase the capture rate. First, lower the resolution you are capturing. A reduction from 640x480 to 320x240 cuts the bandwidth usage by 75%. Next, adjust the the wireless protocol to use the most reliable protocol for that distance. This will require some experimentation. Possibly wireless G at a fixed 2mbps speed will give you the best throughput. Finally, you can get a faster or more long range router. The Linksys/Cisco i4200 or i4500 routers give a long range at high speeds. Finally, try adding a external high dbi gain antenna to both the router and camera.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.