Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Questions about where to save recordings for motion detection
Options
miroslav_s  
Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 3:37:39 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I have several questions about this program. First of all it is great monitoring program no question about it. SO, to my questions:
1: What does Temporary Working Folder mean in Settings option under Advanced? It is set by default to C:\Users\Mika\AppData\Local\Temp\. What I mean is if I already set the folder for all recordings (video and pictures) in Settings/General or Settings/FTP Settings why do I need then temporary working folder?

2: Does Security Monitor Pro program needs to be ON for cameras to be able to record? For example: if I set up all the cameras and then set how and when to record and then turn off the computer where Security Monitor Pro is installed can they record then? Or computer needs to be ON in able for cameras to record? I should mention that I use my NAS to store all the videos and pictures that cameras take.

I thank you in advanced for all the help and God bless you

Best regards,
M
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 1:26:04 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Security Monitor Pro buffers all the video from your cameras. The temporary working folder is used for the buffered files and for recordings that are not yet completed.

When there is no further motion, the recording file is completed and placed in your recording folder or sent via FTP if you have selected the FTP feature.

Your PC must be ON and Security Monitor Pro needs to be running for monitoring and recording to work. A schedule will launch Security Monitor Pro if it is not running. Again, the PC must be on for the schedule to start.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.