Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Using screen recording for industrial control system
Options
eckspeck  
Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 5:58:52 AM(UTC)

I would like to continuously record our PC screen and create a rolling log for the past week, automatically deleting old files so that the hard drive doesn't fill up. How can I do this with your product? I would like this to behave more like a security application in other words. We have an industrial computer control system we want to record all operator actions for reviewing problems that come up.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 1:38:59 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I have 2 suggestions for your application. First, you can use the My Screen Recorder Pro scheduled recording to start and stop recording at a specific time. Each session will be a separate file. So you can schedule to start at the beginning of the work shift and end at completion of the work shift, creating a single file per day. Second, use the motion detected recording so you are only capturing operator actions. This will save on storage space considerably.

Finally, if you want to record continuously, you can rotate the recording files by using the command line options of My Screen Recorder Pro. More details on the command line options are available here:
https://www.deskshare.com/help/msrpro/CommandLineParameters.aspx
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.