Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Changing the Video Compressor
Options
nitpicker  
Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:38:21 AM(UTC)

I have installed the DivX 6 codec, but My Screen Recorder does not list it under the video tab. How can i select it?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 11:17:42 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You can select from a number of video compressors that are pre-installed on Windows and well-suited for screen recordings.

My Screen Recorder does not support DivX video compressor since it is not designed for screen-recording. It causes audio-video synchronization problems.

If you trying to produce small-size recordings then you can use My Screen Recorder Pro, which allows you to convert to WMV using the Screen and Voice codecs. This produces the smallest screen-recording sizes available with good quality.
kdudley  
Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2005 3:15:29 PM(UTC)

What codec(s) produce the closest to raw/uncompressed video? I'll be editing the videos, and would rather have a large, clean file, than a smaller file with compression artifacts in it.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 7:58:06 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
To produce high quality video, increase the Quality setting to 100%. My Screen Recorder does not support uncompressed video because of the overhead required to write huge amount of data onto the hard-drive during screen recording.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.