Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Playing screen-recordings on other PCs
Options
Big Al  
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:40:06 AM(UTC)

Hi All,

I capture the desktop activity and save as AVI file. When played back in "My Screen Recorder" it shows perfectly clear. When played back on any other AVI supporting software, it gets all blurry and distorted.

If I record activity on the desk top, and play the AVI file back on the same PC without changing any resoltion settings, how come it is blurry and distorted? eg playback on Windows Media Player.

I suppose the main question is if I record at 1024X768 32bit, why is the play back blurring and distorting when played back at the same resoltion?

Regards.
Big Al
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2005 6:24:06 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
When you capture a screen at 1024 x 768 pixels then you must play it back at 1024 x 768 to avoid resizing the video. Windows Media Player will try to accommodate the video in its viewing area by resizing the video. This results in blurring or distortion.

My Screen Recorder on the other hands does not resize the video. When the video height and width does not fit into its viewing area, it displays scroll bars so that can you can pan the video. This avoids distortion.

In My Screen Recorder Pro, you can create an executable from your screen recording. The executable has a built-in player that also displays scroll bars when the video does not fit into the viewing area. If you want to distribute your screen-recording over multiple video resolutions then we recommend you to use My Screen Recorder Pro's exectuable feature.
Big Al  
Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:02:04 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the feedback/support. Very prompt. My Screen recorder Pro will be the way to go. As you say, the executable contains a buit in player. That will resolve a lot of possible issues I might have encountered as the avi file will be going to many different viewers and systems with different resolution settings.

Thanks again. Appreciate the feedback.

Regards.

Big Al.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.