Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Adding transitions between videos
Options
tater salad  
Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2005 3:14:21 AM(UTC)

I'm starting a project that will have me taking DV video from 2 cameras (different angles) of a concert I filmed, and then meld them together into 1 show... transitioning back and forth from one camera to another (I will only be using the audio from camera #1).

I put all the video from camera 1 on the timeline in Video 1, and all the video from camera 2 on the timeline in Video 2 -- I've synched them together so they match up. Audio from camera 1 is placed in the audio portion of the timeline in Audio 1.

In order for me to transition from Cam 1 to Cam 2, I understand how to use the transistions.

Now, for me to transistion back to Cam 1 again I realize that I need to put another transition in there, etc. I guess my question is, do I need to cut out the unused portions of each camera that I don't want displayed after the transition... or by putting in that transition does it automatically go from 1 cam to the next, and I don't need to cut anything??

thanks,
The Tater
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, November 7, 2005 5:25:32 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
When you add a transition between the overlapping portions of two video tracks then the transition will automatically cut from one video clip to the other. By default, a transition cuts from the first video track to the second. If you select the option "Swap video tracks for this transition" then the transition will cut from Video 2 to Video 1.

The transition cuts only that portion of the video that it overlaps. For cutting other portions of the video, use the Split tool or the selection sliders.

For more information please refer to Video Edit Magic's help file. You can also find the help file online at:
https://www.deskshare.com/help/vem/index.aspx
tater salad  
Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2005 4:33:13 PM(UTC)

Where do I find this "Swap video tracks for this transition" at?

The only way I could figure out how to do it was to cut out the portions of video I didn't want displayed, but my video did come out really nice!

tater
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, November 18, 2005 5:10:16 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You will find the "Swap video tracks for this transition" option in the settings dialog box of video transitions. This option simply reverses the way transitions work. By default, a transition goes from Video Track 1 to Video Track 2. When this option is checked then the transition will go from Video Track 2 to Video Track 1.

If portions of your video are not covered by a transition then the only way to remove them is to cut those portions out.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.