Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Screen resolution
Options
dsnookny  
Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:19:29 AM(UTC)

When I record a file (Screen Capture off the web) it plays back very nicely in the MY SCREEN
RECORDER window. I need to import that file to Premier Pro and edit. When I do this the quality is compromised and the fonts are blurry. Can anyone give me a hand here?
Thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:08:47 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
My Screen Recorder captures screen videos in the same resolution as that of your monitor. The typical screen resolution is 1024 x 768 pixels or higher. Perimer Pro can not edit videos with such a high resolution. When you add a high resolution screen recorded video, Permier Pro resizes it to a smaller resolution that results in blurry fonts.

In My Screen Recorder Pro, you can use the Conversion Wizard to correctly resize screen recorded videos to a lower resolution without causing font from blurring. You can then use this resized video in Premier Pro.

As an alternative, you can choose to record a smaller region instead of the entire desktop. If you must capture the entire desktop then you can also try DeskShare's Video Edit Magic for editing screen-recorded videos. For details, visit:

https://www.deskshare.com/vem.aspx
ksjdi  
Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:05:58 PM(UTC)

I have My Screen Recorder Pro and have used it successfully a good number of times. Today I created an WMV file from an AVI file that became blurry after a few seconds. It started out clear. I believe that certain areas of the image were more blurry than others. Is this because it was a large file?

Thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2006 7:03:59 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
By default, conversion to WMV uses the Microsoft Screen Codec, which is optimized for screen recordings and produces very small videos.

However, the Screen Codec will cause blurry fonts when the screen recording is done with the Windows ClearType technology enabled. This problem may also occur when you significantly resize the video during conversion.

To overcome this problem, you must make screen recordings with features like ClearType turned off. Changing Windows XP's theme to Classic will also help.

You can change both these settings from Display Properties. To open Display Properties, right click on the Desktop and select Properties.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.