Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Email Verifier and Spam Lists
Options
amlinc  
Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:25:14 AM(UTC)

HI. I have been using a trial version of another mail validator.

After running the other verifier, i got a lot of responses of email blocked by spamhaus. So i went there and we were on the blacklist there (and on other lists). So i removed our ip address from that, not thinking that the validator could be causing it...I ran the progam again (the same day) on my next set of email addresses, and got the spamhaus thing again, went back to the site and we were on the list AGAIN.

So i haven't ran the other verifier again in a few days, and we have stayed off the list. so it makes me think the validator was getting us put on the list. Is this possible? And how can i be sure that your program won't get us on the blacklists? does that have something to do with the HELO sting and DNS (I'm new at this stuff). because the other validator had nothing about HELO. and what am i suppose to put in the HELO and Mail From boxes?

thanks.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, April 28, 2006 7:22:11 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
If used appropriately, Smart Email Verifier, will not put you in any spam list. I'll try to explain, how we are avoiding spam list.

First, we provide the HELO string. This provides the correct IP and e-mail, improving better lookup and accuracy.

By default, Smart Email Verifier does a syntax and domain level verification. If you use the default, this will never generate any kind of black listing.

If you change the default to do SMTP verification then Smart Email Verifier uses the VRFY (verify) SMTP command to lookup the mailbox. This command is the legal way of checking if a mailbox exists or not. Many SMTP servers, who do not want you to respond to a VRFY command, will simply state that the command is not implemented.

In this case, you can choose to use Smart Email Verifier's "Forced SMTP Verification" option. This type of forced verification option, which is used by other e-mail verifiers as the default, may be thought of as spam by some SMTP servers. Smart Email Verifier gives you more options and lets you decide your own level of e-mail verification.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.