Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Converting DVDs and copying to hard-drive
Options
Ingobingo  
Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2006 1:58:11 PM(UTC)

I am in the process of setting up a media center and are looking for the appropriate software to support my needs. I wonder whether the Digital Media Converter will fullfil all of them or if I have to buy multiple software solutions. Using the Digital Media Converter, can I:
- Copy DVD's (owning them) to my hard drive
- Convert this DVD file into a file which is supported by the Microsoft Media Center incl. the Linksys Media Center Extender
- Change the region code ( I am from Europe and we have some kid's movies from there)
- Burn a region free DVD to play on a US DVD player

Thanks a lot for the help!!!
Ingo
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2006 7:22:25 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
DVDs contain video in files with type (extension) VOB. If the DVDs are not copyrighted then you can select the DVD from Digital Media Converter and it will offer to copy the video content to your hard-drive. The copy will be region-free. Once the video content are on your hard-drive you can convert it to the WMV format for playback on the media center and the extender. Infact, the media center PC also supports direct playback of VOB files.

Digital Media Converter can convert VOB files between NTSC (used in USA) and PAL (used by Europe and Asia). This conversion does not contain the region code. The region code is added by the software you use to burn the videos on the DVD. Digital Media Converter does not have DVD burning capability. However, after converting the videos to either NTSC or PAL, you can burn them using any DVD burning software. Almost all DVD ROMS bundle a DVD burning software.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.