Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
IP Address for 'From E-mail Address'
Options
JeffW  
Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 5:25:50 AM(UTC)

When you say 'you should use an IP address that E-mail servers can use to correctly reverse -verify the source', do you mean use an IP address with any valid reverse address, or do you mean use an IP that has the email address' domain in the reverse zone?

For example, I have static IP DSL service through Verizon, and the PTP for my IP is a Verizon-DSL name. Would I then have to use, say, my Verizon e-mail address for verification?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2006 3:28:08 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)

Yes, you will need to use an email address that is in the IP's reverse zone. So if you are on a Verizon DSL circuit you should use a Verizon e-mail address for verification.

Here is the difference between Domain, SMTP and Forced SMTP verification -

1. In Domain level verification, Smart Email Verifier only contacts the DNS server and tries to resolves the domain name.

2. In SMTP level verification, Smart Email Verifier communicates with mail servers received from Domain level verification and uses the VRFY SMTP command to check if the e-mail address exists.

3. In Forced SMTP verification, Smart Email Verifier communicates with the mail servers with command sequences required to send an e-mail. This option is necessary since the VRFY SMTP command is recently blocked by many mail servers.

If you use Forced SMTP verification with a lot of addresses on a single domain then the mail server of that domain may consider this as generating spam.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.