Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
removing deleted sections
Options
drd63  
Posted : Friday, July 6, 2007 8:34:58 AM(UTC)

I have been trying to edit out commercials in a file. I am able to delete the commercials but am unable to figure out how to remove the blank space from the file. It still comes out the same length only with blank area where the commercials used to be. I want the video shortened to exclude (remove) the commercials from the finished file.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, July 9, 2007 1:32:08 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
To remove the deleted sections, you can simply drag the remaining pieces to the left using the mouse until all the sections are flush against the left edge of the timeline, with no spaces.

A shortcut is the "Pack Timeline" command, or its shortcut key, F12.
DCLMktg  
Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2007 12:58:58 AM(UTC)

Hi, *Urgent* - Trying to publish video.

I have 12 different short video sections with audio. 6 on video track 1; 6 on track 2.
I also have transitions and effects on all.
I have arranged all of these clips so that I am reasonably happy with the flow.
I have added an opening title.
I deleted a first one.

Therefore, I now have a gap as the other poster mentioned. Mine is between the opening title and the first video & audio clip plus effect.
But... I don't want to move all 12 sections one at a time as I'd lose all of the sequencing.
Is there a way to move all of these 12 video & audio sections plus effects & transitions *together* please? I other words, I am seeking to move them all to the left on the time-line to get rid of the gap.

Hope you can help me ASAP please :-)

Many thanks in advance.

DCL
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2007 9:51:11 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
A method for moving multiple clips, along with transitions and effects, explained this forum post.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.