Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
DVR-MS files: reduce file sizes
Options
mkhanson01  
Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:48:33 AM(UTC)

All,
I'm a newbee to all this video/audio compression stuff. Now that I have these DVR-MS files created in Windows Vista Media Center I want to burn them to DVD. For me, all of the DRV-MS files that I've recorded are of "over the air" HD broadcasts captured on my Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600. I understand WMC can do this for me but it takes a long time and I want to reduce the DVR-MS file sizes. Using the DeskShare suite of tools, what would be my best bet in reducing the file size and holding onto the video quality in the least amount of steps?

Thanks in advance!

Mark H
Brooklyn Park, MN.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:27:12 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Digital Media Converter can convert DVR-MS files to any other video format. If you are mostly interested in small file sizes, I suggest converting to Windows Media (WMV) format. You can select among different settings, including DVD-quality video and audio.

We have published an article, Converting DVR-MS Files, which you may find useful.
mkhanson01  
Posted : Friday, September 14, 2007 4:14:53 AM(UTC)

Great! So what if I want to edit out commercials from my DVR-MS files; which App should I use? And will that same App be able to convert the edited DVR-MS file to WMV?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, September 17, 2007 6:34:03 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
In order to edit the commercials out of a recorded show, it must first be converted to another format. I would recommend you use the All Media Bundle. This includes both Digital Media Converter and Video Edit Magic at a discounted price.

Use Digital Media Converter to convert the DVR-MS file to AVI format for editing. Remove the commercials in Video Edit Magic. Video Edit Magic can then create a new file in Windows Media Video (WMV) format.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.