Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
How Do you Transition Smoothly From Video to Image Back To Video?
Options
tvanslooten  
Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:00:08 PM(UTC)

I am creating short videos to upload on YouTube using my webcam. I load the .wmv file into Video Edit Magic and drag it to Video 1 Timeline. In my videos, I refer to various products so I want to transition to an image (a .jpg file) of the product and then transition back to the video.

I figured out how to add a smooth transition to the image but I can't figure out how to add a smooth transition coming out of the image going back to the video. I used a "Wipe" transition to go to the image and that worked fine. However, when I tried to add the same transition coming out of the image back to the video, it doesn't do anything. The transition effect is just ignored. The end result is the transition from the image back to the video is quick and choppy. I want to "Wipe" into the image and then "Wipe" back into the video. Is this even possible?

Then my more general question is this, what's the easiest way to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish using this software? Basically what I'm trying to do is what the anchors on newscasts do. You'll see a video of them talking and then you'll see a video clip of something they are talking about and then you'll see them talking again as they wrap up the story and go to something else. I want to do the same thing but instead of transitioning to a video clip, I just want to show an image - and ideally I'd want the transition to the image to be smooth then smooth again back to the video of me talking.

Thanks,

Travis
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 7:10:30 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Please be sure that you are using the newest version of Video Edit Magic.

To create the effect you describe:

1. Add the video to Video Track 1.
2. Add the still image to Video Track 2.
3. Move the still image to correct position, so it will start at the right time.
4. Drag the right edge of the still image's rectangle on the Timeline, so it ends at the right time.
5. Drag a Wipe effect from the Collection to the Transition Track.
6. When the Properties window opens, adjust the Wipe to look the way you prefer. Click OK.
7. If necessary, reposition the Wipe so that it starts at the same time as the image's appearance.
8. Drag another Wipe effect, set its properties, and be sure that you check the Swap Video Tracks For This Transition checkbox. Position it so that it ends at the exact time that the image disappears.
9. Preview the Timeline. You'll see the image transition in, and then transition smoothly out.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.