Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Receiving the updated version of a file every hour
Options
Claude Carrier  
Posted : Monday, December 5, 2016 9:41:43 PM(UTC)

I have a order file that is automatically updated hourly on my web server. I would like to get the updated file from the web server to my local PC folder every hour. I enabled the built-in ftp server software on the web server. Please provide directions on how I can download the file every hour.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2016 2:57:39 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You can schedule an automated transfer in Auto FTP Manager.

The first step is to create an automated transfer profile for a PC to FTP transfer. You will need the FTP server's IP address, and the username and password. Once you have that all setup, use the test connection button to make sure the connection information is entered correctly.

Next, add a schedule using the ‘Configure’ button under the ‘Schedule Transfers’ section. In your case, use a daily schedule to transfer files from the FTP server and set the schedule to repeat every hour.

Once the schedule is configured, it will run at the set time, and the files will transfer automatically. You may also want to set the conflict resolution to rename the file by appending date and time if it already exists or to overwrite the existing file.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.