Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Automatically removing older media recording files from my PC
Options
Hompri  
Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 9:27:45 PM(UTC)

I use WebCam Monitor to record video from two webcams. I always keep it running, so a lot of files are getting created every day. This reduces the disk space on the local drive. Is it possible to remove the older media files from my PC and make space for new files?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 1:50:49 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
WebCam Monitor will automatically delete the oldest files from your PC if the space left on the drive is less than 2 GB.

To delete older media files, click the Settings icon on the toolbar. On the General settings tab, look for the Media file options section. Set the disk space value in the Auto delete oldest files when space left on drive is less than N GB option. You can also select the Auto delete files older than option and enter the number of days to keep files. When this option is checked files older than specified number of days will be deleted. Click Ok to save these settings.

UserPostedImage

This way WebCam Monitor can automatically manage disk space and new recordings will be added.
Note: Choose “Auto delete files older than N days” option only if you know that all the important files will be reviewed or copied to a new location within a specified number of days.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.