Active Web Reader is a FREE web feed reader that supports RSS 0.9x, 1.x and 2.x
feed formats. It is a lightning fast RSS reader that takes up only 1MB on
Add all your favorite RSS feeds to keep yourself updated. In addition to RSS
feeds, you can also bookmark web pages. Active Web Reader will then monitor
these web pages and notify you when they change. It can also highlight the
changes on a web page, since your last visit.
An advanced Auto Discovery feature enables you to find RSS feeds while you browse
websites using Internet Explorer. When RSS feeds are discovered, you can select
and add them to Active Web Reader. The Import and Export Wizard lets you import
feeds from any standard OPML directory or file. You can also share your feeds
by exporting them to an OPML file.
An intuitive, tab-based interface makes it easy to manage, view and read your feeds.
It’s like reading with a web-browser designed for easy navigation. You
can select from a number of styles to display the feeds and make reading them a
pleasure. Active Web Reader organizes feeds and web pages into groups.
Update groups at the click of a button from the convenience of your desktop.
Links to a few select and interesting web feeds comes bundled with Active Web Reader.
Features at a Glance:
- Supports all major RSS and feed formats.
- Automatically checks for updated RSS feeds and web pages.
- Receive automated notifications of changes.
- Auto-Discover RSS feeds while browsing the web in IE.
- Import and monitor your Favorites list from Internet Explorer.
- Organize RSS feeds into groups.
- Use the tabbed browsing feature for quick navigation.
- Import and export feeds using OPML.
- Use styles to customize RSS feed display.