Active Web Reader
Active Web Reader is a FREE web feed reader (aggregator) that supports RSS (feed
format) 0.9x, 1.x and 2.x. Simply add all your favorite feed URLs and keep
yourself updated without having to visit the web sites again. In addition
to feeds, you can also bookmark web pages. Add web pages straight from the
Internet Explorer’s favorites list. Active Web Reader will now monitor these
web pages and notify you when they change. Active Web Reader also highlights
the changes so that you can view them easily.
An advanced Auto Discovery feature enables you to find feeds while you browse websites
in Internet Explorer. When it auto discovers feeds, you can select and add
them to any Active Web Reader’s folder. The Import and Export wizard lets
you import feeds from any standard OPML directory or file. You can also share
your feeds by exporting them to an OPML file.
Intuitive tab based interface makes it easy to view and read your feeds. It
is like reading off a web-browser with easy navigation. You can also select
from a number of styles to display the feeds and make reading them a pleasure.
Active Web Reader organizes feeds and web pages into groups. Update them at
a click of a button from the convenience of your desktop. Links to a few select
and interesting web feeds comes bundled with Active Web Reader.
Now, websites can also customize and distribute their own version of the Active
Web Reader having their own feeds preloaded, by downloading the free
- Read web feeds from across the Internet without visiting the websites.
- Supports all major feed formats.
- Bookmark web pages and get notifications of changes.
- Auto-discover feeds while browsing the web in Internet Explorer.
- Import and monitor your favorites list from Internet Explorer.
- Organize feeds into groups.
- Use Tabbed Browsing feature for quick navigation.
- Automatically update feeds and web pages.
- Import and Export feeds using OPML.
- Use styles to customize feed display.
- Read feeds like reading off a web-browser.