Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Buffering and Live Streaming
Options
Thomas White  
Posted : Monday, December 27, 2004 8:24:56 AM(UTC)

I have setup webcam monitor to streaming video on my office PC. On my home PC, I started the Windows Media Player and it started to buffer the content. It would always get to around 40% before going back to 0. It doesn't display video. I have had the profile set to Video for dial up 28k to 100k. My camera and my remote computer are on broadband.
Can you please help?
Thanks,
Paul.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, December 27, 2004 10:25:13 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
When a profile specifies a range like 28.8 to 100Kbps then WebCam Monitor produces a MBR (Mutually Exclusive by Bit Rate) video. These videos are better suited for fluctuating internet connection speeds. Unfortunately, these videos may fail in certain scenarios. Try selecting a profile that specifies a single bit rate like "Video for Web servers (28.8 Kbps)".

You may also face this problem when the internet connection between the two computers is not stable.
rrneely  
Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2006 5:55:22 AM(UTC)

How do I know what the best speed is for my particular scenario? I watch remotely from two different kind of connections. Both of which I can change the settings in Webcam Monitor before I head to that particular location.

The cam is located at my house, and I have a cable connection that is around is 5MB(download)x384k(upload).

The locations I connect FROM:

1- Cable modem via a network...doing a speed test I'm around the same 5MB download, but 512k (upload).
What would be my best option for my profile here using a about the same connection as I have at home?

2- DSL which is only on one computer, and the speed test reavealed around 384k(download) and 128k(upload).
What would be my best option for my profile when connecting via DSL?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2006 5:46:05 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The limit for streaming is the amount of bandwidth available for upload. In your case, since the camera is located at your home, the limit is 384Kbps. In the case of both the locations from where you are trying to connect, you have at least 384Kbps available for download. Therefore, the best speed for you is 384Kbps.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.