Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Motion Detection Sensitivity
Options
tahoe  
Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2005 9:27:11 AM(UTC)

I'm trying to record an outdoor area. It seems that the motion detection triggers a recording every time a bird flies by the area. How do I configure the motion detection sensitivity level?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2005 11:46:31 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Yes. You can configure the motion and noise detection sensitivity level. To do so:

1. From the Monitor menu, click Settings.
2. Under Monitor Settings, select Motion Detection.
3. Move the Sensitivity slider to the desired value.
4. Click OK.

The default motion detection sensitivity works for most monitoring activities. However, when you are monitoring objects that are very far from the camera, you have to increase the sensitivity. For objects that are very close to the camera, you have to decrease the sensitivity.

Generally, sensitivity is dependent on the percentage of change detected in the video.
flippermon  
Posted : Monday, October 17, 2005 4:18:57 AM(UTC)

hi,

mine monitors a door in as room and when set to monitor motion it takes loads of photos for no apparent reason.
I have tried decreasing the sensitivity but it seems to pick up slight changes in daylight and photograph that.

any ideas?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, October 17, 2005 6:10:00 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You can reduce the number of snaps taken by WebCam Monitor. To do so:

1. On the Monitor menu, click Settings.
2. Select the Take Snap alert.
3. Under the General tab, reduce the number of snaps.

You can also increase the snap rate so that WebCam Monitor takes snaps at larger frame intervals. To do so:

1. On the Monitor menu, click Settings.
2. Select the Take Snap alert.
3. Under the Output tab, increase the snap rate in "Take snap after every frame" box.

If you are monitoring bright areas then you can also turn-off some of your camera-specific properties like the Backlight Compensation. To change these settings, point to the tools menu and click Camera Properties.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.