Adding IP Camera
To use an IP Camera with WebCam Monitor, you must first add the IP Camera and specify its settings. To add an IP Camera:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Select the Camera Manager tab.
- Click Add.
- Specify the IP Camera's settings and click OK.
You can also add the IP Camera by using the Add Camera Wizard. Once you add an IP camera, the settings get saved and are restored every time you restart the application. These settings are not lost even when you re-install the application in case of an upgrade etc.
If Your IP Camera is Not Listed
WebCam Monitor supports many different type of IP cameras. If your IP Camera is not listed, try selecting the Generic IP Camera from the Camera Model dropdown box and specifying the URL yourself. To find the URL for the video stream, please refer to your IP camera's user manual.
Some cameras require authentication to view the video stream. To specify the user name and password required for authentication:
- In the IPCamera Settings dialog, check the Camerarequiresauthentication option.
- Specify the UserName and Password required for authentication. Please avoid using special characters in the password. Use only numbers and letters.
Testing the IP Camera
To test if WebCam Monitor is able to connect to the specified IP Camera, click the Test button in the Camera Manager.