Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Rotating Video
Options
joctherock  
Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2006 4:25:55 AM(UTC)

I made a video but it is sideways in the screen. I guess I laid the camera down wrong. Is there a way to rotate the video so that it shows correctly in the screen?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2006 1:11:09 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You can correct the problem by using the Rotate effect.

First, create a new Project in Video Edit Magic. Choose "Let me specify the Project Dimensions". You'll have to pick project dimensions that are those of the finished movie, not the current one. For instance, if your rotated movie is 480x640, create a new Project with dimensions 640x480. If you don't know the pixel size of your rotated movie, you can look in Video Edit Magic's Collection window, under Video Info.

Now, use File, Open File to add your sideways movie to the Collection. Once it's there, click the Edit menu and the Add to Timeline. The movie will appear in Video Track 1.

Now, click the Effects tab in the Collections window. Locate the Rotate effect and drag it to the Effect Track under Video Track 1. Adjust the Rotation to turn the picture right-side-up. When you're done, click OK.

Use the Zoom Out button to zoom the timeline out, and drag the top-right corner of the Rotate effect until it is as long as the video. Now, use File, Make Movie to create a new movie, which will not be sideways.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.