Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Conversion of MPEG-2 file with chapters
Options
cstkitten  
Posted : Saturday, December 30, 2006 11:12:14 AM(UTC)

What does this error code mean? I have downloaded the MPEG file you suggest on this site and I don't have an MPEG2 (I do have an MPEG 4, which I have unchecked in the compatability settings part) compressor that's listed in "compatability" under "settings."

"You have added a MPEG-2 file with chapters. Digital Media Converter will display the duration of only the first chapter. During conversion all the chapters will be combined and converted into a single file."
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2007 2:47:34 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The message you get is not an error. Your MPEG-2 file with chapters will get converted to the desired format but all chapters will be combined, resulting in a single output file. To convert each chapter separately, you have to extract them by going to the Tools menu and selecting the Extract VOB Chapters option. Refer to the link:
https://www.deskshare.com/help/dmc/extract_vob_chapters.aspx
sugarfoot  
Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:01:32 AM(UTC)

I have this same issue BUT the total chapters are not combined and coverted to one file. DMC is only seeing the first chapter and then only converting the first chapter. I can Extract teh chapters and it will convert them individually but it is literally splitting scenes and there is no facility to join the resulting files back together.

I have examined the help files and the FAQs and the forum. If I can't solve this issue then DMC will not work for me and I'll need a refund.

Pls give me your advice.
Thanks
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.