Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
JPG Duration
Options
haynesma  
Posted : Monday, January 29, 2007 6:28:21 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I have a project where I am taking about 1000 jpg files and making a video of them.

I am able to adjust the millisec duration of the images by changing the default value.

But once they are in the timeline, I want to change the duration of a few selected images.

I cannot figure out how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:13:21 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The duration of a JPEG image, or any other video clip, can be controlled in several ways.

As explained in the Video Edit Magic help system, you can select the clip, then drag the top-right corner of the it to change the length. you can also select it and click the Resize Sources button on the Timeline, then change the end time. This second technique lets you set exact durations in seconds. (Follow the link for an illustration.)

You may be having trouble because the drag-to-resize technique doesn't work to make clips longer unless there is open space to the right of the clip to expand it into.

I hope that's helpful.
haynesma  
Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:39:23 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the response.

I had actually figured out what you are suggesting through the help documents.

But my problem is I have over 1100 JPG files. I am not going to click and drag 1100+ files to make them from .052 secs to .054.

For the same reason, I really could not use the "Resize Sources" you mentioned.

The only way I have figured out how to do this is to change the default duration, load certain jpg files for that duration length, then change the default, load those jpgs, then change the default, load those jpgs, ...

This is very tedious, but seems to work.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.